How To Profit From Free Casino Bonuses
Back when online casinos were relatively new, bonuses used to be a great way to make profits online. Simply collect the bonus, use it, and then withdraw the winning funds - there were rarely any tough rollover requirements to meet, and you wouldn’t often find yourself restricted by other terms and conditions either.
The fact that bonuses were so easy to clear meant that players could move from one casino to another, winning money and increasing their bankroll. Claim a bonus at Casino A, win some money, withdraw, then deposit the money at Casino B - while also claiming Casino B’s bonus too, of course! Is this strategy still viable for online casino players though?
An Example of This Strategy
Before looking at whether this strategy – often called bonus whoring – is still doable, let’s take a look at an example. Here’s how a player could garner a massive bankroll using this strategy:
- Deposit £20 at a casino with a 200% bonus. This gives you £60 to play with.
- Clear the bonus funds, then withdraw the £60.
- Head to another casino, and deposit the £60, getting another 200% bonus.
- Now you have £180 to play with.
- This process can continue until all online casinos have been used!
Real experts in this strategy would also plan which bonuses they’d take, and when they would do so. So, they’d start with bonuses worth smaller amounts, and only move onto the larger bonuses when they could fully take advantage of them. So, they’d start with bonuses worth £50, and soon end up claiming bonuses worth thousands!
Does Bonus Whoring Work Today?
In a word, no. Bonus whoring is a strategy that the casinos have gotten wise to, and they have now made it incredibly difficult to meet the requirements that must be accomplished before a withdrawal is allowed.
Many years ago, a rollover requirement might only
be 1x, meaning that any winning spins were effectively able to be withdrawn straightaway. Nowadays though, rollover requirements can be 40x, or sometimes even higher. This means that a bonus worth £100 will have a rollover requirement of £4,000 attached to it. As you might imagine, making £4,000 of bets without going broke is a pretty tough task.
If you’re a fan of table games, the news is even worse, because casinos have decided that the rollover requirements will be even higher. Table games generally only contribute towards 10% of the rollover requirement, so fans of games like blackjack and roulette will have a rollover requirement of £40,000! Clearing this bonus isn’t just tough – it’s nearly impossible!
So, bonus whoring is no longer a viable strategy for online casino players, thanks to the high rollover requirements. There are some other strategies you can use though, as you’ll see below.
Top Ways to Profit from Casino Bonuses
Bonus whoring doesn’t work, but there’s no need to despair, as we’ve come up with a few other strategies you can use to make money with casino bonuses. These strategies focus on taking advantage of specific types of bonuses, and they are explained below.
- Play the Percentages. Some bonuses offer a huge amount of money, while others offer a huge extra percentage. The latter is the more effective bonus. Why? Because it allows you to stretch your finances further. Don’t forget that you don’t have to only play at one casino – you can instead spread your available bankroll over different casinos.
- Free Cash is Great. Some online casinos offer free bonuses to new players, and these are clearly fantastic. They aren’t worth a huge amount of money, however they can allow you to start building your bankroll, without ever having to make a deposit.
- Don’t Ask, Don’t Get. Some casinos advertise reload bonuses to their players, however others don’t have them listed on their site. This doesn’t mean that they don’t offer them though – you just have to get in touch and ask for it. The worst that can happen is they say no, and the best scenario is that you get some extra funds.
- Make Weekly Deposits. A number of casinos offer weekly deposit bonuses. The key to these is to deposit every week, even if you don’t need the funds. By doing so, you’ll get the maximum amount of money possible.
- Stay Loyal. Loyalty schemes are one of the least appreciated aspects of an online casino, and can lead to big rewards. What’s more, some of the rewards don’t have rollover requirements attached to them, as the casino takes the view that you’ve already earned the cash through your loyalty.
So, while the old tactics might not work anymore at online casinos, there are still a number of ways to profit from online casino bonuses!