Online Casino Software
There are numerous online casino software providers that are part of the lucrative online gaming industry. Each software provider has its own strengths and weaknesses. However, choosing the best provider depends completely on the gaming operator. In order to provide more control over what these casino software companies develop, the licensing and testing of online casino software has become more stringent in recent times.
It is important for all casino software providers to obtain a legal license to develop casino software and games and also rigorously test them for fair play, before it is offered to the public. If you intend on exploring the online gaming world, you should be acquainted with the most reputable software providers that offer quality products, fair and safe games, good game variety and the best bonus offers.
Types of Software Providers
This is an important field from the perspective of a player; there are two types of roles that casino providers take on.
- Software Developers: Some casino software developers like BetSoft Gaming and NextGen only create games which are licensed to casinos. The casino then acquires a similar license with an e-commerce company, which helps them to carry out secure transactions.
- Game Suppliers: Here, the software provider offers casinos a full package, where they handle the creation of games and also offer solutions regarding marketing and monetizing to name a few.
Most casino players prefer the second option since it is a safer option because these software providers vet all of the casinos they license their product to and scammers cannot get licensed easily.
To ensure that the games on the market are impartial, independent third-party auditing companies conduct rigorous tests on the games created by these software and game developers.
Two such auditing companies are eCOGRA and TST. Casinos display their auditor's seal of approval on their homepage and this information is also included with the games' payout percentages.
Specific gambling jurisdictions grant licenses to casino software providers, which certify that the provider's services are safe, reliable, secure and trustworthy.
For instance, Microgaming can offer the UK market its software and online casino gaming products to because of its license from the UK Gaming Commission.
Casino Software Providers Vs Casino Operators Payout Percentages
The payouts at an online casino are either set by the software provider or by the casino operator.
- Casino Software Providers: The payouts are set to a default standard by the software developers to ensure that the players get fair gameplay, while the casino can still make a profit in the long run. This pattern is followed by Microgaming, Playtech, NetEnt and many of the other big names.
- Casino Operators: Some of the developers allow the casino to set their own payouts. Real-time Gaming falls in this category.
The Best Software for Real Money Games
Different software companies offer different forms of services. The following are the main aspects of casinos that players consider when choosing the best software to suit their preferences.
- Payouts: The payouts are usually offered by Microgaming and NetEnt. NetEnt has a slight edge because a lot of the older Microgaming titles, along with their progressive slots, have very low RTPs.
- Size: Playtech is the best sheer size is considered. Playtech offers everything from hundreds of slots and table games, to share trading and much more.
- Aesthetics: NetEnt, BetSoft and IGT provide the best looking games. BetSoft has an edge over the other two as it has been consistently creating aesthetic games without any generic titles in its repertoire.
- Originality: NetEnt provides the most original online slot games. Their games are the most novel, innovative and different.
- Slots: Once again, some of the best online slots are powered by NetEnt. These online slot games are popular based on the aesthetics, originality and variety they provide.
- Table Games: The best table games are provided by Playtech as they tend to have a similar feel to the class land based casino games.
Mobile Casino Software
Casino software developers have to cater to mobile casino fans as the number of players who choose to visit online casinos from their mobiles is increasing every day. Because of this, most of the leading casino software companies have some form of mobile gambling. In fact, a number of the major software providers such as Microgaming and Playtech now focus more on mobile gaming than desktop gaming.
Reviews of Casino Software Providers
Some of the well-known software providers are reviewed here based on the types of free bonus cash they offer.
This software is popular for its free spins offers on selected slots like Starburst and/or Jack and the Beanstalk among others. Currently, NetEnt offers a total of 154 online casino games. Play the majority of these games at well-known casinos like Leo Vegas.
Microgaming offers players the largest online casino gaming library in the world. They have created more than 800 casino titles and over 1,200 game variants. Most of the casinos that offer free play no deposit bonuses are powered exclusively by this software provider.
Find out more about Microgaming's no deposit bonus offers.
Real Time Gaming (RTG) is one of the few software providers that offer their services and products to the US online industry. They have created more than 150 different gaming titles of which, the most popular ones are the Real Series slots. RTG is famous for offering great no deposit bonus codes.
Find out more about RTG's no deposit bonus offers.
Playtech offers more than 200 high quality casino games like the Marvel slots, which is a popular favorite of online casino players. Playtech generally offers limited no deposit bonuses and free spins on its slots is also rare to come by.
Find out more about Playtech's no deposit bonus offers.
Rival Gaming Has developed more than 120 casino games including the most popular, i-Slots. Desert Nights Casino is one of the well known casinos that is powered by this provider. Rival gaming also offers very limited no deposit bonuses and just a few free spin bonuses.
If you are playing poker, you need to understand your opponents in order to beat them. The same applies for most online games. The more you know about the people who developed the software, and the more you know about that particular software, the better your chances are of beating it.
After all, the more you know, the more you can win!